Rottnest and Fremantle
No visit to Perth would be complete without a trip to Rottnest Island, a small sandy island about half an hour by boat from Fremantle. The island is famous for its “quokkas”, a type of small wallaby. I have to admit, I only saw a couple and they clearly don’t have a tough life: one was hopping extremely lazily across a road, as though it was drunk or very tired indeed, and the other one was actually asleep.
Rottnest is surrounded by amazing turquoise waters, which are warmer than off the mainland. I hired a bike, cycled around the island and managed to find a deserted beach to swim from, bliss!In the afternoon I took the ferry back to Fremantle and wandered around the town. Fremantle has pretty, period architecture, and some great cafes and restaurants.

1 Comments:
This looks like heaven! Sitting at my desk in the office in grey London (working hard of course!) it is a real pleasure to read your diary and look at all these wonderful pictures, Bea! It was a great idea to do this website! You are missed a lot!
Tine
Post a Comment
<< Home