

Well they say that in Melbourne you often experience four seasons in one day… this is definitely true! After hail (!!) yesterday morning, the sun finally came out yesterday afternoon

and today was actually quite sunny and hot. I spent yesterday morning exploring the Queen Victoria Markets with some friends I made at the hostel (we basically enjoyed a free lunch comprised of tasting all the gorgeous cheeses, olives, jams and biscuits on offer at the various food stands) before heading up the Rialto Tower in the afternoon for an amazing view over the whole city.

Today I relaxed and soaked up the sunshine. The whole city was buzzing as everyone emerged to enjoy the sun after days of cold wet weather. St Kilda, the suburb where I am staying, was transformed into a stunning beachside resort with sweeping vistas back towards the city itself… very different from the drab, grey, windy place that had greeted my arrival.
1 Comments:
Hi Bea
Sounds like you're having a great time! Hope you're having fun. Where are you off to next?
All well in sunny Aldershot (actually it is sunny today) and am working like mad trying to finish my transfer report before the Christmas break. Am exhausted! Lizzie and Colin well - baby due on 15th Jan.
Lots of love Cat xxx
Post a Comment
<< Home