Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sightseeing in the rain

As predicted, Melbourne is cold and rainy! It is also brilliant – an easy place to be a tourist with so much to do. My hostel in St Kilda Beach, south of the city, is clean and comfortable and it wasn’t that tempting to venture out into the pouring rain this morning, but I eventually managed it. I headed for Federation Square and visited (part of) the National Gallery of Victoria, where they have a large collection of Australian art.

After lunch in a bustling Italian restaurant on Lygon St, I visited Melbourne Museum, which contained various zones that were all quite interesting. Walking back through town I was forced by a sudden downpour to dive into a coffee shop for a cup of tea and a cake, what a chore. Am looking forward to seeing the city in the sunshine at some point too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home