Great Ocean Road
I was not going to miss a trip down the coast along the Great Ocean Road – unfortunately I managed to pick a day when a thick white cloud lay all along the coast, obscuring all views of the amazing (I imagine) beaches and cliffs! Whilst everyone in Melbourne sweltered in 32 degree heat, we were rather chilly in 16 degree cloud and mist along the famous Surf Coast, and there was barely a wave to be seen. Fortunately the cloud started to lift as we arrived at the rock formations known as the Twelve Apostles, and we took a short helicopter ride to see some fabulous views over the cliffs.
A story about London Bridge: this became detached from the mainland in 1990 when the middle arch fell, leaving a couple of tourists stranded on the other side. The rescue helicopters came to save them, accompanied by swarms of press helicopters. To everyone’s bemusement, the two tourists struggled to hide under the short scrub bushes on the cliff top… it turned out that they were both married to other people and had snuck off on a romantic getaway along the Ocean Road. Busted! I hope that story is true.A cute koala and a gorgeous sunset just about managed to salvage an otherwise disappointing day.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home